I have to admit, I love how this tote turned out! I was not sure what I was going to do with the uniform. My customer originally asked about a duffel bag. Due to time constraints, we decided to make a tote bag. Given the materials, this was a good decision. But it was also difficult since the shirt is so lightweight and the pants are heavy.
I used a fleece interfacing on the shirt. Then, I added the pants and the patch.
I had some NYC canvas fabric that I added to the sides and the undersides of the handles for a bit of color and whimsy. I think it was a perfect fit!
I kept the belt intact for the "back" side of the tote.