2009 Handmade Roundup
Favorite Books to Give
Gifts for Women/Teens/Girls
- Tote bag
- Grab bags
- Capri sun bag
- spirit scarves
- scarves of all types (the potato chip scarf has been a favorite)
Gifts for Teens/Tweens
- Digital photo book gift certificate. (Not handmade) This one is quite practical. My daughters love to scrapbook and have received many scrapbook supplies over the years. But a simple gift from Snapfish or one of the many other online photo publishing sites that is a "make your own photo book" is a wonderful gift for teens.
- bangle bracelet: Take a hard bracelet, wrap with ribbon and thread charms through it
- scrabble tile necklace
- upcycled jean purses
Gifts for Boys
- T-shirt quilts using their favorite sports teams. Back it with polar fleece to make it extra cozy.
Gifts for Anyone
- Recipe book - we made one using www.blurb.com
- T-shirt quilt (great for grads and the sports enthusiast, too, to use as a stadium blanket.
- Acorn frame
- Framed memory/scrap book page
- Painted wood letters
- Painted can filled with goodies (popcorn, candy)
- Custom note cards or collection of greeting cards for various occasions (great for Grandmas!)
- Fabric-wrapped bowl
Gifts for the Wine Lover
- Wine tote or wine bag
- Make your own label kit
- Wine cork bulletin board or trivet
- Wine glass candle
- Wine charms
Gifts for the Irish Lover
- Stepping stone with a shamrock in the middle
- Apron or headband made with shamrock fabric
Gifts for the Knitter
- Pattern Magnet. I have a few for sale on my Etsy. They are really easy to make and very useful. I use mine all the time in reading patterns and charts. Take 20.5" ribbon. Cut two magnetic strips with glue - each 7.75" long. Apply the ribbon to the magnets, keeping .5" of the ribbon to overlap the end of the magnet. Secure both ends using a glue gun. Make them in various lengths for various project needs.
- Small totes or draw-string bangs to carry small projects, like socks
- Hand-dyed yarn. You can buy some undyed wool from Knitpicks and dye it with Kool Aid - a fun project I have done with my kids and knitting club.
- Needle organizer
- Stitch markers
Gifts for a Grandparent
- 3-D photo